Friday, May 26, 2006

Women Wake The World

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting





Sirens.
The female voice.
The female voice in song.


What is it... ??

That ..,
..sound.

That makes u raise ur head
And CLOSE YOUR EYES.
And sing along ...


And that
Somehow
No matter how much u like that
BROTHERS song ...




Theres just something about
When a SISTA starts 2 sing...


Women wake the world.






My 'Tragic' Diva Trinity

Billie Holiday Quotes

" I can't stand to sing the same song the same way two nights in succession, let alone two
years or ten years. If you can, then it ain't music, it's close-order drill or exercise or yodeling
or something, not music."


“Somebody once said we never know what is enough until we know what's more than enough.”

“Don't threaten me with love, baby. Let's just go walking in the rain”

"I'm always making a comeback but nobody ever tells me where I've been. "





Edith Piaf Quotes


As far as I'm concerned, love means fighting, big fat lies,
and a couple of slaps across the face.


Death is the beginning of something.


I want to make people cry even when they don't
understand my words. (NOTE 2 EDITH : Mission acomplished, babe.......)

I was hungry. I was cold. But I was also free. Free not to
get up in the morning, not to go to bed at night, free to
get drunk if I liked, to dream... to hope.


I'd like to see one person-just one-who would own up to
having been a coward.

If I weren't burning myself out, do you think I'd be able to
sing?

You'll see, after I'm dead I'll come back and pinch your
feet.






Nina Simone Quotes


I think the rich will eventually have to cave in too, because the
economic situation around the world is not gonna tolerate the
United States being on top forever.


Jazz is a white term to define black people. My music is black
classical music.


I think the rich are too rich and the poor are too poor. I don't think
the black people are going to rise at all; I think most of them are
going to die.


Slavery has never been abolished from America's way of thinking.


You know, I am a doctor of music.




Tell 'em, sistas.....

No comments: